Art Shanty Projects is seeking a new Artistic Director
The Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and mission of the organization. They are held accountable for major decisions about the ongoing development of Art Shanty Projects aesthetic values and activities in consultation with the Board of Directors and core staff. The Artistic Director collaborates with the core staff and provides monthly reports to the Board on program development. They are also responsible for building a joyous and functioning community on the ice by engaging with the artists.
- Participate with the Board in the hiring and training of contracted program personnel
- Work in conjunction with the Board and an independent jury to manage artist selection process
- Lead artist meetings before, during, and after On-Ice Program
- Execute contracts with selected shanty artists and performers, including collection of appropriate signatures and paperwork prior to pay schedule
- Arrange site visits to check on shanty building progress
- Work with contracted graphic artist personnel to oversee the design of On-Ice Newsletter, Weekly Programs, and Merchandise and coordinate production with core staff
- Collaborate with core staff to maximize public relations and marketing efforts
- Deliver mail and good cheer to artists during the On-Ice Program
- Coordinate evaluation of On-Ice Program
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement and develop annual programming within the budget passed by the Board
- Foster development of good relations with other cultural organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate
- Collaborate with core staff on expansion of community engagement and partnerships
- Craft written reports of artistic activities as well as program and financial impact 10 days in advance of attendance to monthly Board meetings
- Work with other staff to align our artistic vision and aesthetic values to marketing and public relations
- Contribute to and provide relevant information for newsletters, social media posts and press releases
- Familiarity with Google suite and other major applications
- Contribute to the organization’s development strategy by providing program information to grant writers and fundraisers
This role is highly communications-focused and requires frequent contact with the board, artists and performers. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. Selected candidate will act as an ambassador of Art Shanty Projects.
This is a nine-month long position, beginning June 2019, paying $30/hour, with an expectation that over the term of the contract the Artistic Director will work approximately 600 hours.
Please send a letter of interest, resumé, and three references to email@example.com